The storm before the calm

Firstly a rant.

I was watching something or other on ITV (featuring people I had to keep asking my daughter as to who they were), when the programme went to an advertisement break. I then heard the following voice over:

"Morrisons - proud sponsors of Christmas on ITV"

Just take that in a moment. Morrisons the supermarket, believe that they have ownership of the religious festival known as Christmas. Apparently it is their's to embrace in a tacky yuletide cuddle. Whatever next, 'Fresh Air - exclusively yours through the kindness of Nike" or "All the worlds sea water by kind permission of Starbuck's!"

It makes me mad...

I did see some birds today by the way - one of the Banstead Downs Firecrests couldn't play hide-and-seek terribly well and one of the Sutton peregrines showed up at Quadrant House in the late afternoon gloom.

A deep breath - hold it - and now exhale - OHMMMMMMM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood