My top 50 tracks

A few months ago I treated you to my Top 50 albums, so I thought it only fair to now share my Top 50 tracks - although I did make a rule that meant that no artist (or band) could have more than one entry. That's not to say that an artist hasn't cropped up more than once...

A favourite track should do many things - elicit emotion, inspire, remind you of a place (or person), excite, make life better. I have put them in an order (number one first) and if I carried out this daft process again next week would have them in a different order (and maybe a few new tunes would appear). Here goes (and with apologies to Andrew Cunningham).

Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Fairport Convention
Itchycoo Park - The Small Faces
Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young
Public Image Ltd - PiL
Your My Best Friend - Queen
Hyacinth House - The Doors
Heroes - David Bowie
Prologue - Kate Bush
Perfect Day - Lou Reed
Name of the Game - Abba
Free Man In Paris - Joni Mitchell
Wooden Ships - Crosby, Stills and Nash
The Sea - Sandy Denny
Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John
Dead Beat Club - B52s
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
She Said, She Said - The Beatles
Strange Magic - ELO
The Last Resort - The Eagles
Dead Souls - Joy Division
Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
Invisible Ink - Amie Mann
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Family Entertainment - The Undertones
Procession - New Order
Give a Little Bit - Supertramp
The Wild Ones - Suede
Salinas - Laura Marling
She's Gone - Hall & Oates
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
Woman In Chains - Tears for Fears
Under The Bridge - Ret Hot Chilli Peppers
Feel Flows - Beach Boys
One Day Like This - Elbow
Lucky - Radiohead
Room At The Top - Tom Petty
Losing My Edge - LCD Soundsystem
Come Together - Primal Scream
The State I'm In - Belle and Sebastian
Wake Up - Arcade Fire
Clever Trevor - Ian Dury
Golf Girl - Caravan
Dignity - Deacon Blue
Domino - Cocteau Twins
Release The Stars - Rufus Wainwright
Decatur - Sufjan Stevens
Chemical World - Blur
Rhythm of the Heat - Peter Gabriel
Caravan Girl - Goldfrapp
New Rose - The Damned

There you go, lots of 'guilty pleasures' on show, but I've carried some of these tunes with me for over forty-five years. Each one of them mean something to me, and I would rather empty my birding life list than lose any of these musical wonders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood

To tell it like it is, or not...