Moths, for a change


I have been really slow out of the starter's blocks on the moth front this year - so far there has been just one outing for the MV and that was back in January. Now that the snow and low temperatures have gone (at least for the moment) it was time to switch on the bulb!

The garden MV has never been that productive in late winter or early spring, so I was expecting no more than what I actually caught this morning: a handful of Common Quakers (top), Hebrew Characters and March Moths (bottom two). Persistence at this time of year can pay off and I still harbour an outside hope for a Sloe Carpet, a species that is sparingly found on the nearby chalk downs. If I'm not 'in it' then I won't 'win it'. Or something along those lines...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of Bob

"Kwowww"

Mike Netherwood